What Is Verge Coin?
Verge cryptocurrency is a private, decentralized, open source digital currency. It was designed to become an integral part of everyday life, making users' routine easier and more comfortable. Verge crypto performs transactions quickly, directly and efficiently.
Verge makes privacy its main focus and offers a fully untraceable and anonymous way of transferring values. That could be made so thanks to Verge’s special features: TOR and I2P. Both of them keep the user's IP address hidden.
TOR. The Onion Router
TOR (The Onion Router) is an encryption scheme that acts as a middleman in a transaction. It’s a peer-to-peer network, which connects a user to Verge network through numerous nodes, so that a user’s IP address constantly changes and makes it impossible to track the user’s real location. This scheme makes a node as anonymous as nobody can track along which information is transmitted, and therefore both recipient and receiver stay disguised. Besides that, the client using TOR not only uses different network nodes for masking, but also becomes a node as well.
I2P. Invisible Internet Project
I2P (invisible internet project) makes spying even more complicated. I2P is more flexible and it divides an information flow into two different ways: incoming and outgoing. When connecting to another user or server, all outgoing information goes through one channel, and incoming information goes through a second channel. This circuit makes information tracking almost impossible/
What Is Verge (XVG)?
XVG is an initial Verge coin. The XVG coin is issued with a total supply of 16.5 billion tokens. XVG is famous for completing transactions very quickly (about 30 seconds) and with low fees. Verge token aims to become global means of payment. As for the present day, XVG price is $0.0126 according to coinmarketcap.com data. The total Market Cap is $205,150,268.
Verge was launched in 2014 under the name DogeCoinDark. 2 years later in 2016 the network was rebranded and got a new name Verge. 7 years on crypto market makes Verge one of the oldest anonymous coins still in operation. Up to this day Verge team develops and implements new options to the blockchain such as cutting edge algorithms, protocols and privacy options. Verge’s ultimate goal is to be engaged in everyday life performing different types of transactions, and providing speed, efficiency and security to its users.
Verge keeps anonymous and secret climate right to the core - nobody knows who stands behind the Verge system and who created it. His nickname is Sunerok, and it’s the only proven information about him. In this matter Verge is much like Bitcoin, whose creator is only known by the pseudonym Satoshi Nakamoto.
Apogee Of Glory
In 2014 Verge (DogeCoinDark then) started off at a price of $0.000005 and kept this low until 2017 when John McAfee tweeted about his positive expectations for the project, and the Verge price suddenly bursted up to $0.29 - its highest point of value.
People keep interest in XVG because it’s an investment tool as well. The total supply is limited to 16.5 billion tokens, meaning that in the future the price will rise.
Ok, let’s say why exactly Verge is a good project:
- Open-source. It means that anyone can easily become a part of the system and take part in its development and improvements.
- Scalable. Verge is capable of processing 100 transactions per second, which is an impressive number for a lot of other blockchains.
- Wraith protocol. It makes possible switching between private and public transactions, giving freedom of choice to the users.
- Private. Once in the private mode, all of your transactions are encrypted and untraceable, thanks to the unique TOR and I2P technology combination.
- Experienced. Verge has been on the market for a very long period of time, which is definitely a quality score.
- Decentralized. No third parties, fully independent blockchain.
Nevertheless, Verge is still volatile as any other cryptocurrency, which is a shortcoming
“I am inundated by people asking me for recommendations on cryptocurrencies. If you would use your heads you would figure out that the privacy coins (anonymous transactions) will have the greatest future. Coins like Monero (XMR), Verge (XVG), or Zcash (ZEC) cannot lose.” - John McAfee
- Porn industry has always been known for applying new technologies in early rounds. It went all the same in case with cryptocurrencies - in 2018 Pornhub announced it would accept Verge payments to keep their users’ topmost privacy. Later other cryptocurrencies were added.
- In December 2020 it was announced that the Verge Currency teamed up with “Voice Life” to create a new mobile charging device that accepts Verge (XVG) as payment. The release is planned for January 2021. Then, users will be able to charge their mobile phones using the VergePAY platform. It’s said that the system will use a Far-Field Wireless Power Charging System from Voice Life. According to the official representatives, "this will ultimately convert ambient terahertz waves into storable energy.”
How To Buy Verge XVG?
Today XVG price is 0.058 USD. The best way to exchange your coins to Verge is StealthEX. It’s a super-friendly, non-custodial and limitless cryptocurrency exchange platform. So if you already have savings in crypto and wish to invest in Verge crypto, just go to StealthEX and follow these easy steps:
- Choose the pair and the amount for your exchange. For example ETH to XVG.
- Provide the recipient address to which the coins will be transferred.
- Move your cryptocurrency for the exchange.
- Receive your XVG coins.